Friday 9 October 2009

Long time no see...

I know I know, it's been a minute since I've been updating my blog. What can I say, there's so much to do, many things to see in this city. Can't believe it's been six months already, another four months to go. Anyway, while I edit the many adventures of the last three months, I want you guys to check this anime out. It goes by the name of 'Mononoke' (モノノ怪), which means 'monster' in Japanese. I caught it on Japanese tv this morning, and the graphics are pretty eye catching.. According to wikipedia, 'Mononoke' is a spin-off tv anime series from 'Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales', produced by Toei animation studios. The plot follows the character of the medicine seller as he continues to face a myriad of supernatural perils. Growing up in Taiwan, one of my favourite book genres was Japanese horror, so it's quite refreshing seeing a horror anime series with intriguing graphics. And from my research on the series, it seems like a first for a major studio to combine traditional Japanese art technics within a modern  anime, which made it stand out even more. You can read a review of it here in English. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment