Tuesday 2 June 2009

So...the journey begins

Tokyo....the people...the obsessions....the food...the culture. Why am I here? Okay. Bringing the story back. After being a happy resident on and off for the best 18 years of my life, London was starting to lose its lustre between the miserable headlines of the broadsheets with the conundrums of the recession. Plus I had the itch to travel. So, to cut a long story short, at the behest of an idea put forward by a friend, I saved up what I could, quit my job and uprooted to the sunny land of Tokyo. That's right. Tokyo. A city whose name is synonymous with hi technology and bright lights. At least that's the romantic association everybody had. Yes, the thought was exciting, and after postponing my flight (twice), I was finally on my way.



After a brief stop over at Incheon International Airport, I carried on my journey to Tokyo. Incheon Airport was interesting, they had these Korean Cultural Centres that you can take photos of traditional Korean costumes and paint your own Korean stuff. Plus they had places where you can sleep and take showers etc before your connection flight. I thought it was pretty neat, being the 'first airport in the world' to provide such services.

No comments:

Post a Comment